Module 5 Discussion Board
NOTE: The purpose of this discussion board is to investigate and better understand clinical or health issues related to Bio169.
While your personal, cultural or religious beliefs may play a role in which side of the argument you pick, please remember that in this EDUCATIONAL SETTING we will:
1) Avoid judgmental opinions/ comments
2) Stick to scientific facts backed by cited research
and of course
3) Always just be plain “ole” nice!
If you’d really like to challenge yourself, choose a side that is opposite to your initial beliefs.
Part 1: Initial Post (80 points)
Imagine that you are an emergency room doctor. One evening, a patient comes in who has attempted suicide. You learn that this patient is terminally ill and has do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders. As you begin to treat the patient, they stop breathing. You must choose one of the following: 1) try to resuscitate the patient or 2) abide the patient’s DNR order. Before choosing your answer, research both options from a doctor’s perspective – there is a reason why this is considered an ethical issue. In your post, include the following:
• Explain what terminally ill means and give an example of a terminal illness (don’t just state the illness – be sure to explain what it is and how the body is affected).
• Explain the ethical dilemma that this scenario presents.
• State your decision. Include at least 3 reasons as to why you chose this.
• You must include at least 3 reputable scientific sources. Reputable sources= peer reviewed scientific journal articles, accredited websites, or books. Google, Wikipedia, etc. are not acceptable sources. Remember that you can use FTCC’s library website (opens in new window) to facilitate your search. Be sure to include in-text citations and properly cite the sources (MLA or APA format) at the end of your initial post.
The purpose of this discussion board is to investigate and better understand clinical or health issues related to Bio169.
Module 5 Discussion Board
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university, or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional certified writers
We have hired a team of professionals who provide expert academic help. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders who are able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support team.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all sources and in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24/7 and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
We are a team of like-minded people who established Wileyscholars.com to help students all over the world. It all began a few years ago when we, as students, helped each other complete our own assignments. Shortly after, we discovered that other students need help too: that is when Wileyscholars was created. It is an online service that provides help with academic assignments all over the world. Our main aim is to help hundreds of students pass their tests and home assignments by giving advice and helping to get to know the subject better.