Case Study 1
Tyler and Melinda Atkins have come to you with a simple question. “How much do we need to retire?” They have provided you with their personal financial statements, and the information below.
• They are both 55 years old. They would like to retire at age 67 if possible.
• They have twin daughters who are currently in college.
• Melinda’s latest Social Security statement indicated that she will get $1,280 per month
(in today’s dollars).
• Tyler’s latest Social Security statement indicated that he will get $1,035 per month (in
• Their loans have the following interest rates: credit card – 15%, mortgage – 6.5%,
medical loan – 3%, car loan 1 – 4%, car loan 2 – 6%.
• Tyler is a self-employed and may only use an IRA or Roth IRA for retirement savings.
The limit on IRA contributions is currently $5,500 per year, per person.
• Melinda has a 401(k) that matches 75% up to 6% of her salary.
Your task is to analyze the data they have provided and answer their “simple” question. You do not need to create a full financial plan. Just make budget recommendations based on your capital needs analysis. In order to do this, you will need to consider a number of factors, including the following:
• Their post-retirement expenses and wage replacement ratio
• Contributions strategy (how much to save in which type of account)
• Calculate a sinking fund
• Taxation of withdrawals/contributions
• What age they can afford to retire
• Assumptions: including inflation rate, investment rates of return, length of retirement, age
Your case should be submitted in a Word or PDF format, with all relevant information and description of the rationale employed in your calculations.
Tyler and Melinda Atkins have come to you with a simple question. “How much do we need to retire?”
Case Study 1
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university, or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional certified writers
We have hired a team of professionals who provide expert academic help. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders who are able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support team.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all sources and in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24/7 and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
We are a team of like-minded people who established Wileyscholars.com to help students all over the world. It all began a few years ago when we, as students, helped each other complete our own assignments. Shortly after, we discovered that other students need help too: that is when Wileyscholars was created. It is an online service that provides help with academic assignments all over the world. Our main aim is to help hundreds of students pass their tests and home assignments by giving advice and helping to get to know the subject better.