[U09a1] Unit 9 Assignment 1
Appraisal of Proposals
Government agencies often partner with the private sector to address community needs. This assignment provides an opportunity for you to view the process from multiple perspectives. In this case, suppose the government has released a request for proposals from the private sector to address the community need you identified in your Community Needs Assessment assignment. For-profit businesses and nonprofit agencies are encouraged to apply. You will develop a proposal from each of these models for program development.
Then, taking the government reviewer’s perspective, you will determine which proposal seems to best fit the government’s perspective in meeting this community needs. This will allow you to critique the proposals for their general potential for success and specifically in relation to the diversity and inclusion of special populations.
For this assignment, write two proposals for new programs and an appraisal of each proposal from a government agency perspective.
* One proposal will be a program with a for-profit business model.
* One proposal will be a program with a nonprofit organization model.
Each new program proposal should be 3–5 pages and present an initiative to address the need presented from your Unit 5 community needs assessment. Each proposal should highlight key components of the community needs assessment that supports the need for the new program and how the new program addresses this need. Each proposal should include an appropriate strategy for program evaluation and address issues of diversity and inclusion.
The appraisal should be a 2–3 page synopsis and critique of each of the two programs, including how well each addresses the social problem, how well it meets the community need for diverse populations, and the ethical considerations of a government agency in contracting or in funding the proposal.
All of this work should be supported by the required course readings and other credible sources.
To successfully complete this assignment, you will need to address the following:
* Nonprofit Proposal:
* Design a program for a nonprofit organization to address your identified community need from the Unit 5 assignment.
* Identify a type of program evaluation that would be appropriate for a nonprofit organization’s program.
* For-Profit Proposal:
* Design a program for a for-profit business to address your identified community need.
* Identify a type of program evaluation that would be appropriate for a for-profit business’s program.
* Complete an appraisal comparing and contrasting the two programs from a government perspective.
* Critique how well the programs address the social problem.
* Examine how well the programs address issues of diversity and inclusion.
* Explain ethical considerations of government funding or contracting in relation to each proposal.
To complete this assignment successfully, your paper will need to meet the following specifications:
* Page length: Your paper should be 7 pages overall, comprising a portfolio of these three documents:
* The Nonprofit Proposal.
* The For-Profit Proposal.
* The Appraisal.
* Communication: Communicate using professional academic writing and apply current APA format and style appropriately. Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, consistent with expectations of the human services profession.
* Resources: Support your work with a minimum of 15 reputable sources, including required readings and other scholarly or professional sources such as peer-reviewed journals.
* Font and size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Refer to the Appraisal of Proposals Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment
Government agencies often partner with the private sector to address community needs. This assignment provides an opportunity for you to view the process from multiple perspectives
[U09a1] Unit 9 Assignment 1
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university, or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional certified writers
We have hired a team of professionals who provide expert academic help. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders who are able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support team.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure that all papers you receive are plagiarism-free. Our editors carefully go through all sources and in-text citations. We also promise full confidentiality in all our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24/7 and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
We are a team of like-minded people who established Wileyscholars.com to help students all over the world. It all began a few years ago when we, as students, helped each other complete our own assignments. Shortly after, we discovered that other students need help too: that is when Wileyscholars was created. It is an online service that provides help with academic assignments all over the world. Our main aim is to help hundreds of students pass their tests and home assignments by giving advice and helping to get to know the subject better.